Mango halwa is a very delicious sweet made with fresh mangoes, ghee and sugar and garnished with nuts. It tastes best with alphonso mangoes. Mango halwa is a cherished Indian sweet and with flavour of fresh mangoes is a real treat for mango lovers.
- Fresh Ripe Mangoes (5 Nos. )
- Sugar (200 grams)
- Corn Flour
- Raisins, almonds and cashewnuts
1.Wash and remove the pulp out of the mangoes. Heat a pan. Add 2 tablespoons of ghee. Add mango pulp and sugar and mix well.Cook on a low flame for 20 to 25 minutes stirring in between. Meanwhile mix boiled milk with a little bit of cornflour. (Cornflour is used as a thickening agent).
2. Notice the increase in thickness and density. Now add boiled milk. (For 5 mangoes, add 1 glass of milk). Stir for five minutes and allow the mixture to settle. Wait for two more minutes.
3. Add a considerable amount of ghee. The more you add, the better it gets. However, try to avoid excess ghee as the flavour of mango might get spoiled. I would suggest that you add 7-8 spoons first and stir. If you want more, you can add it later.
4. Now add the remaining cup of ghee and stir for ten minutes. Allow it to settle.
5. Take another pan and add 6-7 spoons of ghee. Wait for the ghee to get heated up. Now add raisins, cashews and chopped almonds. Wait till they turn dark brown/black.
6. Now add the dry fruits to the mango mixture and stir well. You can add more ghee if you want.
Serve mango halwa warm or cold. Either way it tastes good.
Note : If the mangoes are very sweet, you can reduce the quantity of sugar. No food colour is required to be added as mango has a natural orange/yellow colour.
View Posts :
For more posts, click here.
If you enjoyed this post don’t forget to like, follow my blog, share and comment!